Thursday, March 12, 2009

Walking through the fog

The last couple of days I've had moments where I suspected that I was walking through a fog; A mist veiling my perceptions even as I have been hurting within, feeling all the while like it must be real.

Well guess what; I found out the truth, and it has set me free...Things were not as I feared, though the fog was certainly real enough. I'm just grateful that I didn't go and make a cliche' ass of myself. I kept telling myself to just soft pedal things and it will work out for the best.

I like saying that to Assume, is to make an ass out of you and an ass out of me (I can't recall who gave the quote). It's saved me from doing so on many occasions, though certainly not every time.

I really wear my heart on my sleeve; I often find myself feeling sad for myself when I realize that someone hurt my feelings, yet thinking about it I often realize that they didn't directly say something hurtful but rather something I took as possibly/maybe snide or hurtful.

Thankfully, I don't feel weak or sad for long and quickly get over the hurt as I go wandering down the primrose path (hopefully not down to hell).

Ok, I've vented.

Last weekend, my friend Jason and I attended a Roller Derby event in Ogden. One of my Clients invited me to come and hang out with her and her boyfriend; So I went and I Hated it! Smelly, unbathed women appall me, I guess. We stayed about 40 minutes, before running out of there, like whores coming out of a church.

The experience was illuminating and I don't go ever again. Everyone was drinking a beer. To my way of thinking, if everyone has to have a drink to put up with the event, It must not be very entertaining.

Well, I've likely been a bit too offensive, so I'll just shut up, now.

I guess that my main point is that sometimes I feel some of the emotions that I used to feel as a child and as a single guy, and it is really hard since I don't have the same instant support of a wife that I had for 8 years. I am really going to need to make some adjustments, over time. That support was a real blessing to me when I was married.

Well, I'll tell you more, later.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog. Welcome to the Mormon queerosphere. I added a link to your blog from my blog - I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete