Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Amazing Weekend

This weekend has been astonishing. I've been meeting all of these incredible people ever since Thursday, actually.

I went to my Kinesthesiologist (look it up, It is amazing!), then we went together to Capricorns layer which is this bookstore with amazing vibes, as it were (don't too scared, I'm LDS, but I take it seriously as far as "if there is any thing, good, lovely, virtuous or of good report however that article of faith goes, then we seek after these things), ran into two people that I knew, had an amazing tarot card reading that really affirmed that I am now on my true and correct path (they've never said that before), I found a reiki group (it's really cool too, look it up) that I did join (I've my 1st & 2nd level attunements in both the Usui and Shi shin methods) and we had a positive time on Saturday, plus I got to go dance clubbing with Michael and a new friend RC.

I entered a contest to be a model for Blue Boutique, which I didn't win, but it was really fun. I am one of 4 finalists next Saturday for the best looking guy in Salt Lake (kind of makes me laugh, actually) which will be a blast either way. I've never been in any sort of beauty contest as such, in my life. LOL Too funny but a lot of fun.

God has really been helping me to find like minded people in a major way, over the last very few months.

Oh yes, I got to go to a Pride class on safe sex, and got to meet a lot of very nice men. I'd no idea there were so many things that could be done as safe sex. It was actually very interesting, and you could tell that the people were nice people (not many women except for Rosie our instructor who is really neat).

That being said, I like to think that I can be really chaste, but you still need to know how to handle yourself safely and respectfully in case anything should happen with a guy for your as well as his sake.

This entire coming out process is thrilling, enough that I have to keep remind myself to remain level headed at all times. Among things that I've continued to remain committed to is the Straight Edge lifestyle (goes along with the Word of Wisdom).

I want to have the greatest control over my self so that I can be the best man and father that I can be. I often enough do things in an idiotic manner that I can't really imagine have less control of my faculties than I do have.

Anyrate, God is marvelous and he has started to introduce me to the MoHo's which I have to admit, I really enjoyed. I'm learning to set some common sense rules for myself as a newly coming out, recently divorced gay man. My MoHo friends are giving things to me to consider without being preachy or demeaning. I appreciate that so very much.

I want to have some of the church influence in my life, even if I don't want to feel their full sway and influence by attending weekly, for the time being.

I'm really looking forward to attending Scott's get together on Saturday, and meeting more amazing people.

Pete

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. The journey has been amazing for me too and for many of the same reasons. Scott's parties and friendships made there have been a priceless linchpin.

    ReplyDelete